Monday, November 14, 2016

Artist Book "Joe Crow's Memories" by Kay Fuller

This artist book has a hard cover and opens like an accordian.  Here are the pages.
You can see it as a video here:  https://animoto.com/play/yURiugrASWH3NEt1JH9dQQ
Front Cover

Back Cover

Opened up for display

Inside Cover, Page One of Joe Crow's Memories

Page two is his first real memory, his "Mom"

Page three is exploration of the world around him, including people.

Page four is tasting the delights of his world, including a pear.

Page five is more exploration and the beginning of some of his attraction to treasures.

Page six relates some of his confusion.  Is this dragon fly a friend or food?

On page seven he falls inlove.  She looks a little different than he does and that makes her all the more attractive.

Page eight shows his family with him being a good father, reading to his nestlings.  But, alas, they fly the nest.

Page Nine, Joe and Mrs. Crow are now empty nesters and stuff collectors.

Page Ten is the end of Joe's memories.  He died with some of his treasures.

4 comments:

  1. Kay, this is totally delightful. I love the color scheme and how your consistent but lively palette moves my eye through the pages. I'd like to see the entire book and get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you,Cyndi. Right now,the cover is black.I amthinking about decorating it with collage, but think it might be too much. Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also really enjoyed it. The colour scheme creates a really cohesive piece as a whole. And I really enjoy the variety of compositions you used on the pages. The only one I questioned was the final page. It looks like his end may have been quite tragic, but your words indicate not.

    My favorite is Empty Nesters. That image is evocative enough to not need the words. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Eraethil. I thought that Joe looked pretty old and gray in his death scene, LOL. K

    ReplyDelete